Let's polish those manuscripts
Developmental editing Light
An overall analysis of your manuscript, great for a first step before more detailed editing.
I'll look at your manuscript as a whole, and check things like:
- Is the beginning strong enough to hook the reader?
- Does the writing flow well?
- Is the dialogue natural and engaging?
- Are there any unnecessary parts?
- Is there anything confusing?
- In terms of grammar or style, what should you pay more attention to?
- Are there any parts that are not engaging? How can they be more engaging?
- Are the characters likeable/interesting?
- Does the plot progress logically?
- Can anything be expanded for more detail/cut for more punch?
- Are chapters ending on a high note?
- Does the book fulfill readers' tropes and expectations?(for YA and romantic fantasy)
- Are there any parts where the book loses narrative momentum? How can I fix that?
- Is the ending satisfying"
I believe books should keep the reader engaged, with a positive reading experience. A hooked reader is a reader who'll get to the end. A satisfying ending will make sure your reader gets your next book!
I'll also provide a sample line edit, with some grammar correction, parts that need to be better phrased, and more. Comments will be in a separate sheet, with a few in-text comments and the line edit.
I write under Day Leitao and I like fantasy, sci-fi, romantic fantasy, and YA. I have a master's in English Literature, experience with my own books, and a good eye for plot.
Price: 0.002 per word
A 80k manuscript is $160.
Let me know what kind of editing you're looking for, as well as the genre and length of your manuscript.